If you’re in the market for an affordable ukulele, but not sure where to start, this will give you a good idea. Nowadays you really don’t have to spend a lot to get a great quality instrument. Remember, sopranos are a bit smaller and good for young students while concert size will be good through adulthood.
If you’re having trouble deciding, you can always schedule a free trial lesson with us and try both sizes out. It was actually difficult to narrow it down to 5, as there are several more brands that are equally worthy of a place on the list. However, this should give you a pretty great starting point. So, without further ado, here are some top quality choices.
1. Strong Wind Soprano ($33.99) or Concert ($40.99): A phenomenal instrument that holds its own against competitors priced far beyond it, the Strong Wind brand is an excellent choice in either size. Soprano comes with a gig bag and the concert sized throws in a tuner. We have some at the studio, if you care to try before you buy.
2. Hola Soprano ($38.95): A great starter for younger players. While the tone falls slightly behind some of the rest, it’s sure to motivate a young player who wants an instrument that will reflect their own unique personality!
3. Kailua Soprano ($34.95): at just under $35, Kailua is another solid starter for young players. A basic look that delivers a quality sound.
4. Ranch Concert Ukulele Bundle ($59.99): A bit pricier than some, but comes with valuable add-ons including: tuner, extra quality strings, strap, cleaning cloth and gig bag. If you’re set on making ukulele your instrument, this is a good starting place.
5. Lohanu Concert Ukulele Bundle ($89.99): Another amazing instrument for those who are serious about their ukulele pursuit, but don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars. Bundled with picks, tuner, strap, gig bag and extra strings. This is sure to last a lifetime!
So there you have it. Check them out or feel free to call, text, email or drop in to ask us about other instruments you’re curious about. Happy shopping!